Schedule: Flexible, including telehealth options
- Provide individual counseling sessions to clients in a compassionate and non-judgmental manner.
- Conduct thorough assessments and develop personalized treatment plans for each client.
- Collaborate with clients to identify goals and develop strategies for achieving them.
- Implement evidence-based therapeutic techniques to assist clients in overcoming challenges and improving their overall well-being.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of all client interactions and progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues and participate in clinical meetings and case consultations.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest research and developments in the field of therapy and counseling.
- Licensed professional counselor (LPC, LPCC) or social worker (LSW, LISW) with experience as a counselor or therapist.
- Strong clinical skills and knowledge of evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish a trusting therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Empathetic and non-judgmental approach to counseling.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficiency in electronic health record systems and other relevant technology.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and self-care.
- Competitive salary based on a percentage of session earnings (Eg. $25-$65/hr.)
- Medical, dental, and eye insurance.
- Flexible work schedule, including the option for telehealth services.
- LGBTQ+ supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Professional development opportunities and continuous learning.
- Ability to make a meaningful impact on the lives of clients.
Please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our team. People with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences are encouraged to apply.
About Intera Counseling and Wellness: Intera Counseling and Wellness is a leading mental health and well-being provider in the Akron-Canton area. We are currently seeking an experienced administrative receptionist for our new Fairlawn location.
Position Summary: As an Administrative Receptionist, you will play a vital role in ensuring the efficient operation of our counseling/therapy office. You will be the first point of contact for clients and visitors, providing exceptional customer service while performing a range of administrative tasks to support the office’s daily operations.
Salary: Based on experience
- Greet and Welcome Clients: Warmly welcome clients and visitors as they arrive at the office, creating a friendly and professional first impression.
- Answer Phones: Manage incoming calls and inquiries, providing information, scheduling appointments, and directing calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Scheduling: Efficiently schedule client appointments using our appointment management system, ensuring accuracy and timely coordination.
- Client Registration: Assist clients with the registration and intake process, ensuring all necessary forms and information are completed accurately.
- Payment Processing: Collect payments for services rendered, issue receipts, and maintain accurate payment records.
- Appointment Reminders: Contact clients to confirm upcoming appointments and follow up on missed appointments or rescheduling needs.
- Maintain Reception Area: Keep the reception area tidy, organized, and well-stocked with necessary materials such as brochures, forms, and informational resources.
- Client Relations: Foster positive client relations by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests with professionalism and empathy.
- Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support to the counseling/therapy office, which may include filing, data entry, and assisting with office projects as needed.
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with therapists, counselors, and other staff members to ensure a smooth flow of information and appointments.
- Confidentiality: Uphold strict confidentiality and privacy standards (HIPPA) when handling client information and office records.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or coursework in office administration is a plus.
- Previous experience in a receptionist or administrative role, preferably in a healthcare or counseling setting.
- Strong customer service skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in using office software and computer systems, including scheduling and billing software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize effectively, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in administrative tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- This position typically operates in an office environment.
- May require occasional evening or weekend hours to accommodate client appointments.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter using the form below.
Intera is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.